- Always wash hands and ensure that the area is clean before performing the reconstitution procedures
- Use aseptic technique during the reconstitution procedures
- If the dose requires more than one vial of Esperoct® per infusion, reconstitute each vial according to the instructions
Esperoct® can be infused in ~2 minutes to fit in your patients’ lives.1
ADMINISTRATION: FOR INTRAVENOUS INFUSION ONLY
Administer using the following procedure:
- Invert the Esperoct® vial and slowly draw the solution into the syringe.
- Detach the syringe from the vial adapter by turning the syringe counterclockwise.
- Attach the syringe to the luer end of an infusion needle set.
- Infuse the reconstituted Esperoct® intravenously slowly over approximately 2 minutes.
- After infusion, safely dispose of the syringe with the infusion set, the vial with the vial adapter, any unused Esperoct®, and other waste materials.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. The solution should be clear and have no particles. Do not use if particulate matter or discoloration is observed
- Do not administer Esperoct® in the same tubing or container with other medicinal products
- Administer the Esperoct® solution immediately. If not used immediately after the reconstitution, store the solution in the vial with the vial adapter and the syringe attached, at room temperature ≤ 86˚F (30˚C) for ≤ 4 hours, or stored in a refrigerator at 36˚F to 46˚F (2˚C to 8˚C) for ≤ 24 hours
- The pre-filled diluent syringe is made of glass with an internal tip diameter of 0.037 inches, and is compatible with a standard Luer-lock connector.
- Some needleless connectors for intravenous catheters are incompatible with the glass diluent syringes (for example, certain connectors with an internal spike, such as Clave®/MicroClave®, InVision-Plus®, InVision-Plus CS®, Invision-Plus Junior®, Bionector®), and their use can damage the connector and affect administration. To administer Esperoct® through incompatible needleless connectors, withdraw the reconstituted product into a standard 10 mL sterile Luer-lock plastic syringe.
Please note, this is not the complete Esperoct® instructions for use. Please refer to the Instructions for Use included in the Prescribing Information.